DS

15 October 2006

Found confort as a slave in Male'...



I stayed as a slave in a house in Maafannu near the cemetery. My enslavers were very kind and loving. They are a friend of my Uncle Miruzaa. My uncle lives in Male', a carpenter, a mason, a painter, a foreman, a jack of all. He has many contacts in male', who let me, my brothers and my sister stay in different houses as slaves.

Slave is may be a hard term here. We were not owned by the house for lifetime. Some of the works I did include as small things as polishing my Master's shoes and going to the shop next door to buy a kilogram of lemon, to tiring things as Valhu Dhiya Hikkun (cleaning the well), and cleaning the roof before mansoon rain. These are just regular jobs, in certain occasions I had to do many awkward kind of works as well. I will tell about these later.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im just wondering...how old you were then.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home