DS

30 May 2007

Warning: Flickr Pro users are not professional photographers!

Today I was cutting fish, and I thought, ah! I should get a flickr account. Then I called Hassanbe and asked him if it was a good idea. He laughed and said to me that I should rather become a lawyer. He thought everyone writing on blogspot is a lawyer with lawyeristic qualifications. Then I looked up and the gecko said 'cho cho cho', that means it's true. I just buried my dream to become a flickrerpher. Until I saw Jinattey taking pictures of the sun with his mobile phone in different angles. He said I'm a pro now. Some old man from English land has bought him a flickr pro account thinking that he was a exotic island girl. He was very happy, the old guy wrote a testimonial on his flickr. It sounded pervetish.. but it was ok for Jinattey, who actually never reads these. He writes and receives very "excellent" comments on his flickr.

Overnight he has become a professional. It was that easy. My friend's friend went to America to study photography. I asked him if he has a flickr. He said no. I thought studying in America had not made him a professional. Then I thought ok, how come there are so many pro flickrs people in our island? The answer is very simple. "anyone who can click can be a pro" said Riyaazey. Information minister Rasheed has promised them multi million dollar photography options. I'm a lawyer now. I can blog.

For the naked eye of me, it is really beautiful all the photos they take. Specially those who are on explore, everyone is on explore btw. Flickr is very friendly that way. We all win. My friend's friend is jobless now, all his effort wasted. But we have another breed of photographers. Just like what happens in the government. Anyone with any kind of education or training is side-lined...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:41 AM , Blogger Samahath Ibrahim said...

hahaha...
"the gecko said cho cho cho"...
cool post.

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone with 320mrf can get a pro account - if they want it

if u want to subscribe u should subscribe to deviantart that way u can sell ur stuff like posters

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger disturbed skull said...

Do they sell that in one of the golhi in the local maruket?

 
At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea vara viafaari vaa thane

 
At 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humorous as always...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home