DS

04 October 2009

My Oxford experience

Today I have graduated from my Malay university college of Help with a diploma in Headmaster accredited only by Maldives board of accreditation. I will be going back to my atoll to join as the Headmaster of the school where I was boned. Today I would like to thank a lot of people. First of all my boss who with his connections with lots of people of both regimes facilitated my education and job

Second all the instruments in my Farugaalu Foshi (The Oxford Set of Instruments). Without which I couldn't have finished my P.H.D (Preschool Headmaster Diploma) so easily. It was so instrumental in bringing me close to my soul. Specially the points of the dividers which I sometimes pinch myself with. The great Divider which divided me and my islanders, is one of the little things in the set which I have only recently discovered its function.

The compass helped me navigate the rough seas of the Kaashidhoo Kandu, and also helped me draw the circles. I can draw them on various sizes just by adjusting the lever! wow. Only from Oxford that kind of thoughts can come from.

The two Set Squares are so useful when I forget my rulers, I used them to draw straight lines. I use the inside part to draw decorative triangles on my thesis papers.

The rulers, without which there will be no lines in my world. The short rulers which I call the pocket rulers, I carry them with me where ever I go. It is so helpful to draw lines even long lines. The accompanying little (pocket) pencil is also very helpful. The yellow ones, sometimes I tell my friends that the Malay Ikea people copied their pencil from my Oxford set.

The paper which is usually kept inside as a lining for the very useful metal casing also deserve equal thanks. I wrote my name and phone number on the paper. And the day I forgot it in a nearby Bukit, they called me to return it.

And last but not the least is the metal case. It is by far the best designer box I have. I have this idea which I want to sell to Gucci or Giodano to make a Male purse shaped like this. I have been using mine for a couple of years now, and now it's a bit rusted. It's an antique now which I intend to donate to the Oxford museum with my thesis.

And last of all I would like to thank Helix for making it possible. I arrived Male' lastnight's flight, and Male' is so changed now that I have a lot to write soon. Until then, Good Night from Galolhu.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Anonymous Siyah said...

Welcome back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home