DS

24 October 2007

What is the coolest cafe in Male'?



Hello friends in the blogs. I have returned from my island. Good news is my boss has increased my salary.

WOW!

Now I have got more money to spend than I usually have. What is a useful thing to do? Here are the options I have:

Save the money at a bank
Send the money to my family in the island
Save the money and buy a huge LCD TV and a VCD player
or I've got a better idea!

Have coffee with friends in cool cafes. So far I have gone to coffee only very few times and always it's someone else who pays for my coffee. I go to Hotaas a lot. I go there with friends from the island. I eat. Food is good. We say a few fun jokes to the waiters. Everyone is so peaceful and down to earth in the Hotaas. But day by day my friends are not coming to Hotaas with me. They think Hotaas are not cool.

So since last week I've been going to cafes! People are so cool. Everyone is talking about big things. Resorts. Cars and Big shops. Waiters wear very nice uniforms. No Food. But coffee.

Now I know that people calls coffee Lavaza. I think it's Coffee in Australian language. I go and order "One Lavaza Milk". And they bring a bottle of water and some Dhufaa saamanu (nuts) along with it. And the cost, I end up paying more than I would have if I were to eat a whole meal at a non-cool hotaa. But I think it's worth it. Though the cafe experience is so much more expensive I love to be part of the cool circle. Now I need to buy some hair gel. They say the girls will smile at me if I put it.

Can anyone recommend a good cafe? What is the coolest cafe in male'? and which table should I choose?

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool cafe's in male?!

oh look a pig is flying in the sky!

/sarcasm

 
At 6:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

save it. save it. save as much as you can. spending for coffee is your enemy. u won't realize until too late. i did not read your post. i did not have to. save as much as u can. :)

 
At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

save it if you cant think of anything better, give it to me. I'm not saying don't go for coffee's, but just maintain a discipline in it, its addictive and you'll end up loosing every single cent.

 
At 1:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coolest cafe' is Jade Cafe. If you want to be cool, go there.

 
At 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to be cool and meet with the "hot" people, there are places like Sea House. If you want to make the impression that you are a businessman you can go to Seagull. If you want to pretend that you know all about politics and want to meet people who pretend so, go to Al Fresco. You may even meet celebrity politicians like Dr Munavvar there. If you are in Yameen camp, then go to Lolly Jabir's West Park or to Esjehi Gallery. Endherimaage camp also operates places like Doplhin View Cafe through people like Habeeb. If you are not from either of the camps but is loyal to Gayoom, then there is Raanba operated by Gayoom's friends. If you want to give some money to MNDF and police officers, there are many uncool hotaas operated by them in the Carnival area. If you want to earn more money and rub shoulders with the rich and famous, then go to South Thuafeeq's cafes and hope to meet the man himself, to get some tips about pocketing public money.

 
At 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

its the lack of space thats turning cafes iinto people's dinning&living areas. maybe soon we'll have communal bath houses too?

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger moyameehaa said...

yah.. hotaaz aa uncool..dont ever get near em.. u might loose ur koolness..and fall down to become a raajjethereian. hahahaha. balaaeh!

 
At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop blogging.ur not funny at all

 
At 2:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe....nice sense of humor....ya being cool costs money.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home